SofiaShop - Authentic Beauty Supply

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Make Money by Selling Used Books on Amazon

Did you know that you can make money by selling used books on Amazon?
Yes, it's true and it's what I am doing as another step to my financial freedom. My husband bought a lot of books and after one or two readings, they sit on the shelf forever. I did donate them to Goodwill a couple of times and then I found a better way to get back some cash and save money to buy new ones. This keeps my book budget low but does not cut on my reading.



  • Amazon offers an easy and free way for you to sell used books. It takes only a few minutes and cost nothing for a basic account. 
  • If you don't have account with Amazon yet. Go to Amazon.com and sign up for one. You will need a valid credit card number and billing address to be a seller on Amazon. 
  • A valid phone number is also required. Amazon will call you and ask you to enter the pin number. This number will display when you submit your application. The verification takes only a few second after you enter your pin. You can then start selling immediately. 
  • You can select which books you want to sell. And enter ISBN number found from the back of your book to Amazon. It will search from the database and display the book. All you need to do is to enter price and condition information. And then submit your listing. 
  • To increase your selling chance, you may want to list with the lowest offer price. 
  • If your book is sold, you will receive a notification email. Then you can package and ship using media mail. Amazon give you 3.99 credit for each shipment. So you don't have to worry about shipping cost.
  • Amazon will collect a commission about 15% from your selling price if it is sold. It costs nothing if the book is not sold for 60 days. Your listing will end and you will have option to re-list. 
  • You always can increase your inventory by buying used books from garage sells or from thrift store. Goodwill is also a great place and I got $1 for a book and sold for $10. What a great deal!
  • Give it a try and you will surely find it useful.
I've started around 2 months and here is my performance.







I am not making any money posting this since Amazon does not offer referral program. But because it helps me a bit financially so I think it is helpful to you too. 
As a work at home mom, nothing is better than making money but take less time to manage it.
If you would like to help me. You may buy from my Amazon store on the right hand side or from my book store Ezhello.




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your success! I've been doing it for a little over 2 years now and it has literally been a life saver for me.

    -Adam
    sellyourbooksonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adam for your comment. I fall in love with this business and after reading your blog, it gives me the confidence to bring the business to the next level. Thank you. I definitely became a friend of your blog.

    ReplyDelete